Villa General Belgrano
Valle de Calamuchita

History: Yacanto de Calamuchita

In the year 1767 after the expulsion of the Jesuits , Don Dalmacio Velez Sarsfield father measured the land known as Estancia San Ignacio .
In the year 1772  Don Jose Antonio Ortiz del Valle bought San Ignacio, and on 14th December 1861 his heirs sold Estancia Yacanto to Villagra. His wife Eulogia de Villagra built a familiar “ oratorio” which in 1877 Samuel Villagra gave to the Catholic Church and sterted working as a Public Church.
In 1894  a new measure was made which limited to the south with “ El Durazno” to the north with Estancia San Miguel, to the east with Athos Pampa and to the west with the hillsIn this way appeared the division of the land, the settlement of the families and the beginning of the town. In 1939 josé Marrero created the Villa.
Time after that some industries came here and started exploring the pine-woods situated here.